In order to rent a property through HS Owen, the following payments will be required.
Before the tenancy starts:
Holding Deposit: Equivalent to one week's rent (once a holding deposit has been paid the property will not be marketed to others (holding deposits will be paid towards the first month’s rent upon commencement of the tenancy)
Tenancy Deposit: Equivalent to five weeks rent.
Rent in Advance: One month rent in advance
The holding deposit will be retained by HS Owen if the prospective tenant:
- Provides false information for referencing
- Fails to act reasonably to enter into the tenancy before the deadline for agreement or withdraws.
Permitted payments during the tenancy:
Rent (payable in advance)
Payments to other third parties: such as council tax, utilities or payments for communications services.
Default charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or interest on overdue rent may be applied
Tenancy changes: Such as requests to vary the terms of the tenancy may also be applied which will be limited to £50 including VAT.
HS Owen Ltd is a member of
- The Property Ombudsman redress scheme
- Client Money Protection with CMP.
- Deposit Protection Service